Third Party Websites and Other Services
Information about You
Information about you is collected through a variety of sources, including directly from you and through your interaction with the Application, from your meter or pump, from your healthcare provider, and / or from your care team. Many functions of the Application involve you directly submitting information so you may benefit from features or participate in activities using the Application. For example, We collect or derive information about you through the Application when you provide health information, such as your blood glucose levels, treatment approach, and activities. We also derive information such as patterns of your health state. We may combine this information with information We collect about you from other sources, such as from your physician or health insurer, if you authorize this with your explicit consent.
We will inform you when information you provide is required and when it is optional.
Passive Information Collection
The Application automatically creates information about you and your use of it, such what functions you use, and how you interact with it. For example, the application analyzes your blood glucose levels that you enter or allow to be imported from a meter, and based on those entries determines if there are patterns. We may also receive information about you from other sources, such as from website interaction, analytics partners, and other parties. Such information is used to help provide services, make notifications, and generally understand and improve the services of the Application. For example, We may receive information about your interactions with the Application so that We may determine the effectiveness of Our services. The Application creates and sends information about your use of the Application (such as the functions you use) and your device (such as its model number, version, and device identifier) to Our service providers, which compile the usage data into aggregate and statistical reporting for Our use in managing the quality and performance of the Application. We use this data to troubleshoot the Application, to report on the level of service that We provide, to adjust to new usage patterns, and to otherwise improve Our services. When you interact with the Application, your device may communicate other technical information that We use as part of Our services. For example, as you use the Application, your device communicates with Our technology, which in turn keeps records of your interactivity and requests for services and content to assist Us in managing and improving the utility of the Application, and to conduct research and analysis on its use. The types of such interactive information may include the time and date, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device identifier, Application version, requests made, and related technical usage information. We use persistent identifiers to authenticate you to the Application, to analyze how the Application is used, to link information about how you use the Application with your account, and to help tailor Our services. Our affiliates, business partners, and service providers may also use similar technical means for these purposes. To allow the Company systems and those of Our service providers to communicate with your device and the Application, both the Application and your device transmit your device’s identifier and its current IP address. Some browsers have Do Not Track (DNT) features that let the user indicate a preference not to have online activities tracked. This feature is not technically available to the Application.
We—along with Our affiliates, business partners, and service providers—use the information about you to support your use of the Application. Information about you may include direct identifiers—such as your name, user name or number, email address, device identifier, device IP address, and other contact information—and other information associated with the direct identifiers—such as account information, profile information, transaction information, health information, activity related to the Application, communications through the Application, and other types of information. If you provide information through the Application, We may combine such information with other information—such as from your caregivers, healthcare providers, and from our affiliates, business partners, and service providers—unless We specify otherwise. We collect, use, retain, and transfer information about you related to this Application as follows: For your personal use and to interact with your healthcare provider such as your doctor:
- To provide you the specific services that you select, such as health tracking, patterns, and reports.
- To send you communications regarding health adherence.
- For Our interaction with you:
- To provide you with customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send information, notifications, and other communications that you request.
- To send you important information regarding Our relationship with you, the Application, changes to Our terms, conditions, and policies, and other administrative information.
- After your opt in, personalizing your experience with the Application by presenting products and offers tailored to you
- For statistical and aggregated data processing:
- For other business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Application, improving Our products and services, identifying Application usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns.
We may share information with the following parties for the following purposes:
- To Our affiliates, service providers, and business partners who assist us in managing, administering, or delivering the Application, We may provide information about you and your use of the Application. A list of Our affiliates is available here (http://www.investor.jnj.com/gov/sec-filings.cfm:click on the link for Form 10K, Exhibit 21, under “SEC Filings”). LifeScan, Inc. is the party responsible for the management of the jointly used information about you.
- To Our business partners with whom We offer co-branded or co-marketed promotions, if you authorize us to do so.
- To respond to law enforcement requests or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations, We may transfer information about you to other parties to comply with Our legal obligations.
- We may also provide information about you and your use of the Application to others or for other purposes if you authorize Us to do so. For example, We may offer specific functions associated to specific business partners, for which more information about you may be exchanged. In such a case, We would inform you about the nature of the information being provided and receive your acceptance (which may be by selecting a button or engaging in other electronic actions that signifies your acceptance) before We exchange the additional information about you. We might directly ask you, or We might be able to rely on settings you have made to your account profile to authorize an information disclosure.
Choices and Access
We do provide you choices regarding Our use and disclosure of information about you for other communication purposes. You may opt in to:
- Receive communications from Us: We may ask for your consent to send informational messages to you such as messages to improve your understanding of the medications you are taking as well as conditions for which those medications are typically taken. If you no longer want to receive these communications from Us, you may contact Us as described below or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in the email messages you receive.
You may manage (that is, review, correct, update, or delete) your Application-related account profile and related information by selecting the My Account tab in the Application. If you have questions about managing the information about you related to the Application you may contact Us as described below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
When the Application communicates with Our systems, the information is sent over encrypted communication channels. When the Application communicates with Our analytics providers, the information is also sent over encrypted communication channels. We take other reasonable steps to protect information about you, including protecting the information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Please keep in mind that no website, web application, software, or supporting system is ever completely secure or error-free. If you have reason to believe that the security of your account has been compromised, or have any other related concerns, please contact Us immediately as described below.
Use of the Application by Minors
The Application is not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of mobile applications and the Internet.
Notwithstanding the health related functionality of the Application, unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any other sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background or trade union membership) through the Application (e.g., in the Logbook Notes) or otherwise to us. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide other sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.
965 Chesterbrook Blvd. Wayne, PA 19087
Version Number: 3.0